Thursday, March 26, 2015

The A-Z Challenge 2015 Big Reveal

For the last couple of years I have been inspired to join the A-Z blog challenge and I start off with great gusto but always something ends up throwing me completely off (an illness or something) and I have not yet completed one challenge. Last years effort was completely abysmal and I wasn't going to bother this year but a fellow blogger suggested this could be the year that I actually complete it.




For those who don't know what the Ato Z Challenge entails, basically you post something every day in April except Sundays and as there are 26 days (minus the Sundays) that matches the letters in the alphabet. So on April 1, the blog will be about something that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 “B,” April 3 “C,” and so on. You can blog about anything at all as long as it matches the letter of the day.


Having a theme is optional but personally I think it's easier if you do have a theme (especially when I find it so hard to thing of blog ideas at the best of times), so this year I have chosen the theme of "Teen and Tween Books". There might be a slight twist though and I am very much cheating as I have enlisted my two little buddies here to help provide some of the posts. 


It's also recommended that you keep your posts short as what you are asked to do each day, is check out about 5 blogs that are also participating in the challenge (there's a HUGE list of participants). It's a bit of a way to meet some new bloggers and increase your audience I suppose you could say. Frankly, I am not too worried about increasing my audience (if I was worried about numbers I'd have stopped blogging way back ... lol), I just want to finish one darn challenge!  I also quite like reading and finding other blogs from the list. I still follow a few blogs a couple of years later, they weren't even homeschooling ones, which is usually my main focus too.


Anyway if you are mad enough to join me, please do, then let me know so we can support each other ... who's up for it?

Here's the link to sign up, c'mon you know you want to. 








8 comments :

  1. Good luck! I bet you'll learn loads. Looking forward to reading along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean I am supposed to be learning stuff too? Such pressure ... lol

      Delete
  2. Lisa,

    I'm also looking forward to reading along as you do the challenge. I'm not doing it this year. I have too many other projects on the go at the moment and I'm trying to be sensible! Yes, this is the year you're going to finish. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame as I always enjoy your articles but I do understand. Make sure you keep us all up to-date with your writings elsewhere too, I always enjoy your writing!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant theme Lisa. If you get stuck, you can enlist my girls to help you too. My almost 15 year old just started a teen book club at the local library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Rhonda, you have given me an idea. I could start a blog with lots of tweens/teens regularly contributing book reveiws. How cool would that be. It's now on my list to be actioned.

      Delete
  4. This should be fun, and it's perfectly all right to get help on it. Look forward to seeing your posts.

    John Holton
    Blogging from A to Z 2015 Cohost
    The Sound of One Hand Typing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, that is very nice of you to comment.

      Delete

Pin It