Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Day 2014

The hubby is working today, so Christmas has been delayed in our house until the afternoon. The Papa is working until 1.30pm so no gifts will be exchanged until he gets home.

We girls stayed up late last night (Christmas Eve), deciding we'd have a nice sleep in ... sadly I forgot to let mad dog know who was on my bed at 7am shoving a wet slobbery ball into my neck. Which somehow ended up nestled between my boobs ... got to laugh, stupid playful mutt!


We had a late breakfast so that we could hold out for a late roast lunch with the Papa. We had roast ham (which I had cooked the day before) and roast vegies. We kept it fairly low key which ended up being just the perfect amount. Enough for some left overs, but not enough to have to keep eating it until we are sick of it.
 
 
 
Due to so much going on, me being pretty much out of action, and so much being packed away for the shift (whenever that may happen!) I decided to forgo the Santa sacks (that I made a long time ago) and individually wrap all the girls gifts. Usually they go unwrapped into their sacks. Well The Fashionista was quite upset at this thought so a couple of days before the big day, the Papa climbed into the roof of the garage and finally found the right Christmas box that has all the Christmas linen and their Christmas sacks. The things you do to make your kids happy!
 
  
 
The Fashionista received a mobile for Christmas. She will be travelling a fair way to and from high school and so we got her one for safety sake (and my peace of mind). She was pretty happy you could say. Unlimited texts ... what was I thinking!
 
 
 
Agent Smelly is completely Hunger Games obsessed. She has been making her own bows and arrows so the Papa went and got her a proper one from an archery shop for Christmas. To say she was delighted and surprised is an understatement! 
 
 
The ma-in-law and entourage (her sister and brother who is staying with her for a couple of weeks) came up late afternoon with afternoon tea in toe and we spent a lovely hour or two with them.
 
It was touch and go as to whether I would make it through the day without having to head into the hospital as the wound in my belly button split the night before. It was quite swollen and bleeding slightly and I had a bit of a fever, but I managed to get through the day which is what I was trying to do. I have every reason to be very thankful this Christmas.
 
Merry Christmas Everybody.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It