Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Reluctant Reader

Today I had to take down the Christmas tree. I absolutely hate taking the tree down. I always seem to put it off as long as I possibly can. It is just so darn pretty and festive and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I turn the lights on each night. The heat around this time of the year doesn't help either.


Anyway I thought I'd better get a move on so I sent the girls outside in their bathers and a couple of water guns to enjoy some sun ... and I hate to admit it but also to get them out of my hair. Between us sometimes it's just easier and quicker to pack up without their "help", if you know what I mean.




At one stage I turned around and looked outside and noticed my "very reluctant reader" sitting out on the deck in her beanbag, with her mp3 player on and book in hands.


I was SOOOOO envious! Oh to not have a pile of things that needed to be done, like washing, cooking, cleaning and to be able to just go and flop on the deck with a book (maybe not in my togs ... I don't want to scare any wildlife!) now that is my idea of bliss.  You know in my innocence, when I moved here nine years ago, I had visions of me spending my afternoons sitting on the deck, wine in one hand, a book in the other, lazing back with that beautiful view in front of me, whilst my little kiddies played quietly at my feet. HA ... reality hit and nine years later that still hasn't happened. Maybe I should have made that my 2013 resolution ... to finally spend a day doing that. Not the wine mind you, half a glass would put me under these days.


I was also very happy to see The Fashionista reading without any prompting, just for pleasure! My heart did that little wee flip flop thing they do when we mama's are happy with our offspring.


Later she told me that the headphones weren't on, she just was trying to get some peace from her chattering little sister ... mwah, bless their little cotton socks.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It