Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Old and The New

In our music class we have been studying the composer George Handel. Now between you and I, I don't find baroque music all that exciting and the girls were starting to look a little stale. So I thought I would spice things up ... pardon the pun which you will get in a minute. 
 
So I snuck into my study and secretly printed out the lyrics to STOP sung by The Spice Girls. I told them that we were going to sing a wee song to celebrate finally finishing Handel. By the looks on their faces I think they thought I was going to pop one of his operas on. I then popped the lyrics onto their music stand and turned on the CD player. Oh dear did I just admit to owning a CD with The Spice Girls on it? In  my defence it is a best of compilation and it's the only song of theirs on it ... no really!




Anyway they had a ball and really got into it, playing it over and over and over and over and did I mention over again.  They took turns singing different parts and after a few times almost had the entire song memorised. By the end Agent Smelly was even dancing in time and doing a few dance moves which had the Papa and I in giggles watching from the kitchen.




Although you know the Papa didn't really appreciate it, the fifth or sixth time and ran for his garage ... how rude!

Now if you promise not to tell anyone else I will admit that I actually quite like some of The Spice Girls music and I did pop over to sing along with them once the Papa head for the hills ... ssshhh don't tell anyone else though.  Now come on admit it, you like them too.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It